Wednesday, November 3, 2010

And vegan spaghetti to boot!

Yesterday was a good day.  I finished watching "Food, Inc." and also watched "Food Matters".  Both films motivated me to continue on this path and "Food Matters", in particular, to continue seeking more information on natural eating and to continue taking my vitamins!  Both films are on instant Netflix and I think everyone should watch them!!
So, Raley's had berries 2 for $3 so I got 2 packages of raspberries.  In the morning I had my usual coffee and after that, a smoothie made from soy yogurt, soy milk, raspberries, blueberries, spinach and a banana.  Soooo goooood!  P.s. I tried the soy yogurt (plain) and it's nasty by itself.  I won't be eating that as a snack!
For lunch, I had prepared an Applebee's-ish oriental chicken salad for Derek and I using Morningstar Farms chik'n nuggets, chow mein noodles and baby greens for him, spinach for me.  I looked up a recipe online for a similar dressing and swapped out the regular mayo for veganaise.  It tasted just like Applebee's!  http://www.food.com/recipe/applebees-oriental-chicken-salad-19253  The chik'n nuggets were way better than the chik'n patty I had the other day.  They seriously tasted exactly like regular chicken nuggets and if I didn't open the package myself, I wouldn't have known they didn't contain meat!
For dinner, I made Spaghetti with spinach and white wine sauce.  A tip if you don't drink much wine but want to use it for cooking;  Buy the mini bottle four pack and then when you use it, the rest wont go bad.  I also sliced up a french baguette and drizzled it with Pampered Chef garlic infused canola oil and baked it to crisp it up and served it with tomato bruschetta.  The bruschetta was made with fresh tomatoes, crushed garlic, chopped kalamata olives, olive oil and balsamic vinegar with a little salt and pepper and pampered chef parmesan garlic dipping seasoning to taste.

Tonight, I'm using another recipe from the book to make black bean and tomato soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment