Saturday, December 4, 2010

It's not what you think

Morningstar farms breakfast sausage is really good but I've been wanting to pair it with some kind of eggs. I'm not a big egg eater but there are certain times you need em. Like in a breakfast burrito.
On the other side, I've been experimenting with tofu recipes and have found that I don't like it very much because the consistency is like a hard boiled egg.
I'm slow I guess.
So yesterday I realized.... Duh... I can use tofu as an egg substitute for cooked eggs! Hello!
I found a recipe (if it's even considered that) of extra firm tofu, crumbled and sauteed in oil with turmeric (for color) and salt and pepper. It turned out exactly like scrambled eggs! I also cooked up a sausage patty and crumbled that and wrapped it up in a flour tortilla. VoilĂ ! Breakfast burrito!
Today I added avocado and salsa. Way better! So I'm so excited because now I have a hearty breakfast option that doesn't consist only of bread or fruit. Try it out sometime! See if you even notice a difference!! I'm also thinking of all the recipes I thought were dead to me forever that I can now enjoy! Like my mom's popeye special (or spinach and egg yum-yum would describe it well)! I'll share the modified recipe later.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you aren't a bug egg eater. That would be weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the Gimme Lean Sausage to be much healthier and they are actually vegan. Morningstar has milk and egg.


    http://www.lightlife.com/Vegan-Food-Vegetarian-Diet/Gimme-Lean-Sausage

    Mark
    www.uplandspeaksanctuary.org

    ReplyDelete