Thursday, December 16, 2010

Vegan baby


So it's been a while! How's it going? For me, it's been ups and downs. A lot of pizza downs and tofu scramble ups. But I've got a new revived energy and focus. To lose this baby weight! Actually I'm almost down to my pre-pregnancy weight. I gained 50 pounds during my pregnancy and have 4.4 pounds to go to lose it all. But I could stand to lose a few (or 50) more from there. That's my goal.
So this is being vegan on a diet. I'm going to the gym and have a low calorie goal every day. I hate counting calories and don't want to do it forever but it works so that's what I'm doing. And zumba. I highly recommend this class if you haven't done it. It's so fun and you basically just dance for an hour and burn like 600 calories.
Anyhoo, today I made a delish tofu scramble seen above and slightly modified version given to my 8 month old. She loved it!

Here's the recipe:
4 oz extra firm tofu, drained and crumbled
3-4 slices portobello mushroom, chopped
1 slice white onion chopped
1 garlic clove pressed
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 slices avocado
3 cherry tomatoes
Salt to taste
Turmeric for color

Heat oil in small sauté pan on medium. Add garlic and onion and sauté for a few minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté until soft. Add tofu and turmeric and continue to cook until hot. This is what I served to my baby (about 1 oz from the recipe) with some small chunks of avocado mixed in. Serve on plate with tomato and avocado and salt to taste.
Really good and about 260 calories (probably 300 if you don't have a baby to share with)! I'm going to keep on trying different veggies to see which ones are yummy. I think tomorrow I'll do spinach and mushroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment